The epic quest of a fisherman to save his daughter
The acclaimed indie game The Curse of Issyos is finally available for iOS, after years of popular demand.
The Curse of Issyos is a neo-retro arcade game created by the renowned indie developer Locomalito, based on greek mythology and inspired by the movies of the special stop motion effects master Ray Harryhausen, and also by 8 bit games like Vampire Killer, Rastan, Kenseiden, Rygar, 8 eyes or Ninja Gaiden.
It offers a consistent look and sound from the late 8-bit era but with the level of polish that Locomalito and Abylight are known for.
“A great reconstruction of the action-platform genre of the eighties”.
Indie Games Plus
“The Curse of Issyos is yet another fantastic example of the man’s love for old games and the care he puts into his work”.
“It's a hard game, but it feels very fair. It's all about watching and learning, and then skillfully pulling off attacks at the right moment”.
Publisher: Abylight Studios
Developer: Locomalito & Gryzor87
Release date: 30/04/2020
Available in: English.
Supports Apple TV.
- Compatible with MFi, XBox One and PS4 controllers.
- Haptic vibration.
- iCloud support: play across iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
- Play in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Look and feel of a console game from 1987-1988.
- Based on Greek Mythology.
- 30+ original tracks by Gryzor87.
- A secret level that can change the outcome of the game.
- 7 stages, 9 bosses.
- More than 40 unique enemies and 2 different endings.
- About 45 minutes of gameplay - once fully mastered!
- Buy once, get on all devices: the game and progress synchronizes through iCloud.
Download The Curse of Issyos press kit.
More about The Curse of Issyos creation
As a kid, Locomalito used to draw platformer game ideas based on Greek mythology. So it was just a matter of time that he created one.
A mature bearded protagonist in a videogame was a rare occurrence when the development of The Curse of Issyos started. Then came the rise of hipster fashion. While the trends keep changing, the atmosphere of the game, made of the unique combination of visuals, sounds and carefully designed playability, stays relevant at any time, keeping the old fans entertained since the original release in 2015, and getting more gamers into its unique world where Ancient Greece meets retro gaming.
Abylight has again polished the game to bring the best experience to users of Apple devices, now supporting controllers, touch controls and saving progress via iCloud.