Work with us
At Abylight Barcelona we’ve been making videogames since 2003 and we’re great at it! We are a team made up of pioneering industry professionals and young talent, united by the same passion: creating high quality games.
We have a long history of collaborations with companies like Apple or Nintendo, as well as close relationships with Indie masters like Locomalito -Super Hydorah, Maldita Castilla- and Heart Machine, with the acclaimed Switch and iOS editions of Hyper Light Drifter.
Always looking forward and ready to take on any challenge – we don’t say so ourselves, but projects like RC Club and Mindkeeper: The Lurking Fear prove it – we are developing our most ambitious project to date: One Military Camp.
One Military Camp is our first own strategy/city building IP for PC, and is already garnering great critical and public acclaim thanks to the closed beta testing process and the demo presented at the last Steam Next Fest.
Abylight is a video game development and publishing company adapted to remote work since March 2020 and physically based in Barcelona, an innovative and charismatic city that fits perfectly with the creative spirit of an Indie company with a track record of over 17 years in the video game industry.
Abylight's team is formed by professionals with extensive experience and young promises that set the goal of producing video games of high quality, originality, projection and transcendence.
In our portfolio of active projects we have among other internationally recognized games such as Hyper Light Drifter for Switch and Apple, Maldita Castilla EX, Super Hydorah, technological challenges in AR as RC Club for iOS and collaborations with companies like Yoyo Games, Nintendo... Currently, we are working on One Military Camp, our simulation and strategy game for PC.
Given our marked facet as IP creators, as well as service providers for other companies in the sector, we are looking for Senior Programmer to join us as soon as possible.
If you meet the requirements of the offer and you are interested in joining our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating as subject of the email: DEV3
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send attachments. Include a link with your CV and, if applicable, demoreel, portfolio or sample of your work, to your website, Dropbox or similar.
- C# programming knowledge in Unity3D with at least 5 years of experience.
- Software engineering knowledge: design patterns, class diagram creation, development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Shader programming in GLSL,HLSL or CG
- Knowledge of creating native plugins for Unity3D
- Knowledge of creating tools for game design use.
- Portfolio with at least 2 published commercial videogames
- Excellent written English
- Passion for videogame creation
- Experience in Unity3D projects for desktop platforms (Steam, Xbox One, PS4 or Switch)
- Experience in Unity3D projects for mobile (iOS or Android)
- Knowledge of C++ programming
- iOS programming skills (Objective C or Swift)
- Good level of spoken English
- Knowledge of other Engines: Unreal, GameMaker...
- Coordinate and supervise the programming team
- Lead technically leading projects
- Successful integration of your own work into the common project, i.e. videogame
- Complete the assigned tasks in the established timeframe.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, regardless of their department, to obtain the best possible result.
- Immediate incorporation
- Stable relationship with the company
- Negotiable salary depending on experience
- Regular incentives based on objectives
- Remote or on-site work, to be negotiated
- Be part of a company that bases its success on teamwork, values talent and individual effort and respects the voice of all its members.
- Be part of a consolidated team where the common denominator is the passion for videogame development.
- Be part of new and exciting projects.