Work with us
At Abylight Barcelona we’ve been making videogames since 2003 and we’re great at it! We are a team made up of pioneering industry professionals and young talent, united by the same passion: creating high quality games.
We have a long history of collaborations with companies like Apple or Nintendo, as well as close relationships with Indie masters like Locomalito -Super Hydorah, Maldita Castilla- and Heart Machine, with the acclaimed Switch and iOS editions of Hyper Light Drifter.
Always looking forward and ready to take on any challenge – we don’t say so ourselves, but projects like RC Club and Mindkeeper: The Lurking Fear prove it – we are developing our most ambitious project to date: One Military Camp.
One Military Camp is our first own strategy/city building IP for PC, and is already garnering great critical and public acclaim thanks to the closed beta testing process and the demo presented at the last Steam Next Fest.
Abylight is a video game development and publishing company adapted to remote work since March 2020 and physically based in Barcelona, an innovative and charismatic city that fits perfectly with the creative spirit of an Indie company with a track record of over 17 years in the video game industry.
Abylight's team is formed by professionals with extensive experience and young promises that set the goal of producing video games of high quality, originality, projection and transcendence.
In our portfolio of active projects we have among other internationally recognized games such as Hyper Light Drifter for Switch and Apple, Maldita Castilla EX, Super Hydorah, technological challenges in AR as RC Club for iOS and collaborations with companies like Yoyo Games, Nintendo... Currently, we are working on One Military Camp, our simulation and strategy game for PC.
Given our marked facet as IP creators, as well as service providers for other companies in the sector, we are looking for Senior Programmer to join us as soon as possible.
If you meet the requirements of the offer and you are interested in joining our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating as subject of the email: DEV3
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send attachments. Include a link with your CV and, if applicable, demoreel, portfolio or sample of your work, to your website, Dropbox or similar.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join the Abylight team and support the different projects of development and publication of video games. The main responsibility of the profile is to be the point of union between the artistic part and the technical part of the game.
If you meet the requirements of the offer and you are interested in joining our team, please contact us at email@example.com indicating as subject of the email: Tech Art
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send attachments. SEND LINKS. Include a link with your CV and, if applicable, demoreel, portfolio or sample of your work, to your website, Dropbox or similar.
- Creation and correction of atlases of UI elements from 2D graphics.
- Knowledge of importing and assembling 2D graphics for UI in Unity3D.
- Import of 3D models from 3D software to Unity3D.
- Import of animations from 3D software to Unity3D.
- Correction of pivot errors, transformations, materials, shaders and adjustment of texture properties for imported models.
- Review of rigging in 3D software, correction of errors in 3D software and Unity3D to ensure the correct import of animations.
- Creation of prefabs from the imported artwork according to some guidelines for the creation of elements to be supported by the game.
- Creation of colliders for levels, props and characters.
- Blender 3D
- Importing assets in Unreal Engine 4.0
- UI assembly in Unreal Engine 4.0
- Art creation process
- Programming using code
- Programming using blueprints and similar techniques
- Knowledge of level design
Responsibilities- Successful integration of your own work into the common project, i.e. video game.
- Completing the tasks assigned to you within the established deadlines.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, regardless of their department, to obtain the best possible result.
- Immediate incorporation
- Stable relationship with the company
- Negotiable salary depending on experience
- Remote or on-site work, to be negotiated
- Be part of a company that bases its success on teamwork, values talent and individual effort and respects the voice of all its members.
- Be part of a consolidated team where the common denominator is the passion for videogame development.
- Be part of new and exciting projects.